Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A tiny unrelated rant

The other day I was watching an American "reality" show and it was a woman talking about how hard it was for her when she was apart from her husband. FOR A WEEKEND!!

At first I had nothing to say about it but the more she went on the more I wanted to reach in and slap her. Who are these people who HAVE to be around the other half all the time.

What the heck is wrong with them? I love having me time, and considering Olov is gone usually all summer and for a month or two during the spring I think I have my fair share of alone time plus some that I don't want but I sure as Hell don't need to have him around all the time.

I don't think we would ever last if we were. Where does the individuality go when you revolve your whole life around another person?

So I would just like to say that I am extremely thankful for the fact that
a) I have a job which means I come and go all week.
b) I have friends
c) I have a boyfriend who has friends
d) We have active lifestyles that don't necessarily involve each other but always can
e) we enjoy time apart from each other and even ask for Alone time if we are around each other too often


I think it's heathly and normal and I am truly truly thankful that I am not an empty shell of a person if he is not around.

Even if a little piece of my heart is missing when we aren't together!

No comments:

Post a Comment