Sunday, April 11, 2010

495 Days.. and a story or two

People can be such assholes.

My friend and I went to try on dresses, not because I am going to buy a dress just yet, I have lots of time and I am still on track to lose weight. I just want to see what looks good on my body type. It's not going to change all that much.

SO the guy, yup guy who is working there is totally unhelpful. We have not even taken out coats off and he's asking me what size I am. I say I'm not sure it's been a long time since I measured myself. (let the record show I am not so overweight. I still have a flat stomach but I have hips and an ass. and some extra all over) Anyways without even looking at me or taking my measurements. This guy says and I quote "you're too big for our dresses, then he proceeds to take the picture of the dress I wanted to just look at and tell me it's not right for my body, I would have to have a flat stomach for that and it wouldn't be right for me. He pulls his own shirt to his body and says you have to have a stomach like this...

Then he takes me over to a hideous dress and says this is what would look good on you.. It's terrible. (on ya I still haven't taken off my winter jacket or big warm sweater yet.)

He then basically tells me I need the type of dress that will cover my problem areas and starts flipping through a magazine instead of showing us what he has in stock.

I left in tears and spent the next 3 hours crying and drinking at a pub.. It was 1 in the afternoon when I left the store.

I guess wedding dress shopping is off my list of things to do for a while, I can't bare to have that happen to me again. My confidence is gone, I can barely look in the mirror these days and it's all because some asshole decided to make me feel bad.

1 comment:

mia said...

never mind the asshole! you will look beautiful in whatever dress you decide on, but he will still be an asshole! love ya!

Post a Comment